- the school is located in the centre of Pirkkala
- at the moment there are about 870 pupils, nearly 70 teachers and 30 educational assistants at Naistenmatka school
- other members of staff include a school psychologist, two school nurses and a school welfare officer
- the school has pupils in grades 0-6, grade 0 being the preschool grade
- there are six preschool classes
- in every preschool class there is one preschool teacher and one educational assistant
- the pupils can take part in various school clubs, e.g. the school choir, the drama club, different sports clubs or the robotics club
- sixteen pupils from grades 0-6 form the student body
the student body helps to organize special events at school
We began a two year, EU funded Erasmus project in 2018 - 2019. Our partner schools are from Great Britain, Spain and the Czech Republic. Our project is called Full Steam Ahead, Europe, and its themes are e.g. 3D printing, robotics and programming. We also learn about each other’s cultures and holidays.
During the project, pupils and teachers have travelled to The Czech Republic and Spain and we have been hosts, too.
The project has been extended until February 2021 because of Covid-19. Currently the project is on hold and we are waiting for further national guidelines to see how we can proceed.