The municipal council may set up committees to work under the Municipal Board. The committees handle functions of a permanent character assigned by the council.
There is a representative of the municipal board in each committee, and he or she has the right to participate in the meetings and in the discussions but not in the decision making.
- Auditing Committee
- Central Elections Committee
- Urban Development Committee
- Wellbeing Committee
- Environmental Health Committee
is responsible for environmental health in the Nokia and Ylöjärvi cities, the Hämeenkyrö and Lempäälä municipalities and the Pirkkala and Vesilahti Cooperation Area.
The municipal board may set committees to plan and prepare different themes for decision making. Current municipal board has set three standing committees for years 2017-2019 :
- Standing Committee of Future Development
- Standing Committee of Sustainable Development
- Standing Committee of Quality of Life